21 June 2007

Stuffed

I LOVE anchovie-stuffed green olives.
(They are like a mouthwater (sic) of summer: sea water gulp)
I am eating them right now.
They taste damn great.
They make me stink.

I spent a day at my friend's house.
It was nice. Super relaxed and drifty and conversations
are easier when time is allowed to just be that system
we don't have to pay as much attention to as we do (I do)
Three kids doing laps around the house
lego, swords, maiming,
morning tea blends into lunch
blends into post-school
rush of snacks and tears and loud crazed excited voices.
Left-overs for tea and then four children slicking around
the spa
diving and snorkeling and loud loud screaming

Do you remember childhood baths with friends and cousins?
I was watching these kids and laughing and physically remembering
skin and skin and warm water and the laughter of it all.

4 comments:

D said...

yeah, I remember well.
x

Anonymous said...

I am sitting in wood-fire warmth feeling sleepy and slightly panicky listening to Yo-yo play tango, reminding myself why I play the cello and trying to overcome fear. 'Tis fun... Am coming to Launceston on Thursday and am staying the night. Can we please drink yummy stuff (maybe gin and tonic) and have sisterly chats and stuff? I am craving that at the moment. Appologies for long comment. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

p.s I LOOOOVE stuffed olives also!

Gillian Marsden said...

of course we can!

perhaps some vodka with stuffed olives besides . . .

Don't panic
be playful instead
xxx