15 July 2008

morning school run

every week day, a short walk to deposit my son into the school system - there are two sets of lights to cross, a pack of children, a pack of parents, you get to know each other from the slightest pieces of information flicked into the air to keep the social momentum up.

This morning, J's mum was delighted because her pregnant belly has finally taken a definite pregnant shape. She was so happy. And on the way home, F's mum confesses she is really nervous because she is on her way to the airport to meet 'a man' for the first time, as in, she met him on the internet two months ago. He is an accountant from Melbourne. He would have come earlier if it weren't for the busyness of the end of the financial year. I told her she looked hot.

Sometimes this much is more than enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To things:

* The woman with the pink room has a quote from St Catherine of Sienna on the wall; I've never really considered St Kate a hot pink kind of a lady but I'm coming 'round to it.

* Would you like to get together some time? I'd like to have a chat about your boy's school, and also just general chat, chat, chat stuff.

I've got a new email address on the profile page of my blog if you may be interested ...