5 August 2006

Recent Caperings

Meal of the Week: as prepared by 3ish year old aspiring chef: Diced chorizo with caper sauce, elegantly arranged on large white plate with fork. Fantastic.

Today I enquired about Prada perfume, bought muted red gloves in shock, and had terrifyingly close encounter with ex-boyfriend. Actually that reads wrong. . .it was close but not that close, in fact I ran and there was no eye contact. It still made me drive home in a panic and forget to do required errands as planned for post-glove/perfume consumption.

I also drove part way down the Midlands Highway through a lovely fog and with music on the radio that made me feel as if I was part of something choreographed (Glenn Gould playing Chopin). The sheep, all blended with damp and low sun, made me nostalgic for a smaller island than this one. I drove back up the part way of the Midlands Highway into the sun and shreds of burnt up fog; my dog sleeping in the back until I start overtaking, at which point she leaps up to feel the acceleration head on, tongue to my ear.

And now I am exhausted and yawning fog into my computer screen: don't get me bitching about my damn wood supply and how long it takes to get my fire started! You don't want to know.

Also, black dog, has just devoured second lot of stitches and will not be sleeping in my room tonight if her current wound licking session continues thus far. You really don't want to know.

2 comments:

Mrs Smith said...

Yours is a beautiful life.
From chorizo and capers, to muted red gloves and midlands fog. It makes me smile towards our little island home and our little street.

Our door is always open if you tire of the wood caper and fancy some tea and heat pump warmth.

Gillian Marsden said...

We actually came scavenging for some of that on Friday, we even had cakes (a little out of date but still quite moist LOL) but the house was bare :(