6 October 2006

Brain-bergs

News radio is strangely addictive: a chunk of Antartica, a state sized chunk, broke off from the continent and became an ice berg and floated off around the seas. A storm, 37, 000 kilometres distant, was found to have caused it to be ground down and chipped up. And a butterfly sneezed.

I've just cleaned the kitchen down to grouting level. Never mind that I don't have any tiles in the kitchen.

My writing is due in about twenty days. It is a major struggle today. I am hating my topic, my protagonist, my own inertia when faced with all those blah blah words.

Also, I am childless mother for a week, the longest we have been apart. I have been so focused that I have hardly noticed. But that is a product and a privilege of knowing that he is at the beach with his dad and having the most excellent time catching up.

The obsession is post-thesis life.

1 comment:

D said...

keep swiming lady!
see you on the other end.

x
d