30 May 2007

Lunar Scorpio

there is a lovely moon plumping up at the moment
am brooding away . . . peacefully it feels.

another journey is being kind of tacked into some framework:
a house to stay in Italy north.
We shall hire a car.
I am designated driver.
I have to get to Bilbao though,
and Grenada, and Madrid . . . Paris perhaps?

Pushing in thumbtacks into green shapes
on blue backgrounds.


I am also newly soley house responsible
I am seeking quotes for new bath rooms.

I am recently told that the elderly lady who lived in this house before us, died in the bath. Was found there by our neighbour. I go and stand at the door of the bathroom. The old claw foot has suddenly grown magisterial with death and solemnity. The toll of a dripping tap is imagined and sad and I am grateful that I have pressed my back into that old ghost many times without knowing. My next bath becomes an apprehensive first rite. I shall be gentle and not too curious.

3 comments:

D said...

welcome back my friend!
so... seems like we have some serious holiday dreaming (coming into reality) conversations to have with sunnies on in the lounge room ?

cant wait to see youz

Mrs Smith said...

what a beautiful holiday.

congratulations on your new house responsibilities. How grown up your life is.


love to you
G

D said...

i agree with G: how grown up.
see? doing it 'young' is a top idea.
I saw M today.
I got his numero so that we can invite Q to rita's birthday party (wee doo).
x
d