21 October 2006

Head Peace

A nice off shoot of this current writing thing is that I can now categorise how I like to write. Ie the props that I need to sustain the flow/focus etc

For instance, I have just realised how dependent I am on:

The head covering. I suspect I may look a bit comic actually but I am completely addicted to either the hoody hunched over the keyboard or, as at present, the new sun hat, pulled low over my eyes. Thinking cap. Keeps my vision low and focused. Something.

And the music is just crucial at low times for energising: Alison Krause, Gillian Welch and Kimya Dawson.

And when it stalls and all locks up indefinately I go weild the hoe and smash it up a bit.

3 comments:

D said...

NIIIIIIICE!!

Mrs Smith said...

the head covering is very important, keeps your brains warm. we always new when my ddad and his best buddy were becoming really pissed cos they would disappear form the festivities and then reappear with head gear- often a towel wrapped turban style.
i think the head gear is a a sign of commitment.

Gillian Marsden said...

Mrs S my oath eh? I love it, you've made me wobble with laughter and forget how to spell that word, think I managed it.